When taking on case study copywriting, there are a lot of things you need to take into consideration as a copywriter in order to do this effectively. Subsequently, to ensure the case study you craft is on point and helpful to your business, or the business you may be freelancing for, here are some tips that you can employ while writing one.
Make it easy to read
One tip that really is a no brainer for this style of writing, yet often overlooked, is crafting one that is easy to read. let’s take for an example amazon listing optimization. To do that, you must format it correctly with a beginning, middle and end along with headings and sub-headings to break things up so it’s easy to follow. If you need to list something, use bullet points so the list doesn’t get lost in the shuffle as nothing is worse than providing great information only to have it hidden without the reader being able to find it. You can also use a numbering system as well along with highlighting text to point out facts that are tremendously important.
Use a powerful headline
Another tip to craft a solid case study is to write an excellent headline that not only will attract the reader to the case study itself, but get him or her to read it in its entirety. This may sound complicated to do, however, it really isn’t. The key is to have a headline that emphasizes the importance of what you’re writing about instead of just making a random statement.
For instance, in place of writing something like, “The Case Study for Widget Company W,” you should write something like “Widget Company W Doubles Profits through Excellent Customer Service.”
The two headlines are completely different since the first one is just boring and bland while the second one draws the reader in to find out how the company was able to be successful.
On top of the two main tips just mentioned about case study copywriting, some others include:
- Writing a summary at the beginning.
- Researching what you’re writing about. Yes, this may seem like another no brainer, yet again, it’s often something that writers do just a little bit of or don’t do at all.
- Forgeting about using slang or jargon.
- Correcting punctuation and grammar (which are an absolute necessity).
- Using photos, illustrations, and graphs. They complete the case study while also providing evidence for what you are claiming to be true in the case study.
- Always reviewing what you have written before it’s published due to the fact that once it’s published, mistakes can’t be corrected any longer.
It’s clear that there are a lot of things that you need to consider when doing case study copywriting and if you want to ensure the one you write is on point, employ some of the tips pointed out in this article. When you’re case study gets good reviews, you’ll be happy that you did.